Housing Stability Worker
We are seeking a mature, responsible and energetic individual who is committed to supporting people that are homeless to navigate the shelter program as well as support individuals at risk of homelessness to remain housed. They will also support guests of the Welcome In Drop In Centre as required to keep them housed. They will then take the lead role in ensuring that all people are provided with adequate and appropriate supports that will address the complex factors contributing to their history of unstable housing or homelessness. Supervision for the HSW will be provided by the Housing Program Manager of The Welcome In Drop In Centre.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Perform intake for those accessing the shelter
- Connect with and support the individuals/families accessing the shelter at the Drop In and on site at overflow locations
- Relationship and trust building with all Drop In and shelter guests
- Lead role in organizing and coordinating the delivery of services and work cohesively as a team with our community partners.
- Responsible to keep up to date and reliable case notes as applicable to the service
- Person-centered case management
- Intensive housing search assistance
- Ensure a safe environment for the individuals/families accessing our services
- Be willing to help the Drop In Centre support staff as needed. Actively participate in meal times and overall support of Drop In guests.
- All team members at The Welcome In Drop In Centre are responsible for working in a clean, healthy and safe manner
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant education in Social Services – minimum of a College Level or relevant experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in the social services field
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience working with community organizations
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to poverty and homelessness
- Strong interpersonal, emotional intelligence and resilience skills
- Ability to handle conflict and crisis situations effectively
- A thorough understanding of the community and the social issues specifically related to the communities we serve
- Current Standard First Aid Certification, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training and Naloxone training (if not current will be required to obtain at hiring)
- Ability to carry and operate cleaning equipment
- Aptitude for accurate and efficient computer data entry
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of community partners
- Must have access to a vehicle, a valid G driver’s license, and appropriate insurance as required by the agency. Must be willing to travel throughout Guelph and Wellington County
- Commitment to understand and uphold the mission and values of The Welcome In Drop In Centre is expected
** This is a full-time position. Hours will be based on a rotational schedule of days and evenings from Monday to Sunday. **
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
RELIEF SHELTER SUPPORT STAFF
In this role, you will work to make a difference in the lives of people staying at the emergency shelter. We welcome people newly graduated in the social service field along with those with lived experience.
Services to residents include planning, crisis intervention, supportive listening, advocacy and referral to other community services.
Hours of work would consist of afternoon, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Please reply with cover letter and resume attention to:
Manager of Homelessness Programs
Fax: 519-837- 2637
The Welcome In Drop In Centre is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve. We also follow the living wage standard of pay.